Sunday, March 5, 2017

Most People Know

"You know that moment when you realize that, for at least one thing, you know more than somebody you really admire?" I say, coming into the living room.

"Yeah," Katie says, without looking up from her attempt to concentrate on the application she's working on.

"Well, I'm listening to George Saunders on this podcast, and he's like, 'Oh, Lust and Panic have nothing to do with each other,'" my best "can you believe it?" tone.

Now she looks up from the computer, and our roommate John looks away from the TV, and I realize from their expressions that maybe the things I know aren't true for everybody.
----------------
One year ago: In My Head/In My Mouth
Two years ago: Two Versions of Emptiness
Three years ago: This Smells Terrible! Here, You Smell It.
Four years ago: Trolling: You're Doing it Right - Selling the Couch Edition
Nine years ago: Starting Again and Saying Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment