Saturday, March 18, 2017

Indirect

The drunk girl comes into the deli after "Tiger" has almost finished cooking Katie's bacon cheeseburger. Drunk girl orders two Philly cheesesteaks with hot sauce, walks around, and perches on the stool next to me while we wait for my fries.

Tiger deftly pinches the lip of the foil bowl closed around the plastic lid over them, spinning it a few inches at a time until it's tightly sealed, and she says, "Oh my God, are those fries?"

When I answer that, yes, in fact, they are fries, she smiles a lopsided smile and says, "I was hoping you were gonna give me one."
--------------------
One year ago: Dogs Remind Us We're Human
Two years ago: They Stay the Same Age
Three years ago: London Tunnels/Moroccan Skies
Four years ago: Wasted Years
Nine years ago: 3-17-08 differently abled

No comments:

Post a Comment