Monday, February 27, 2017

Moving Day

The thing I like best about moving into the new office is the air of controlled chaos that permeates the workplace: boxes everywhere, people milling about, trying to find the water-cooler or the microwave, or their cubicle, trying to find out where their work buddies are sitting.

After temping for most of my worklife, I seem to have settled in pretty well to this job, and the move has given me a chance to set up my desk the way I want, which I've never really done before.

People are chatting amiably and unpacking, settling into a new space with the fresh eyes that come with strange surroundings. One of my co-workers comes around the corner with a big smile on her face and says, "It's like everyone was given a gift!"
------------------
One year ago: Pagans
Two years ago: That Turned Dark Rather Quickly
Three years ago: Extremes
Four years ago: Hypochondria



No comments:

Post a Comment