Sunday, January 8, 2017

Snow Globe Sunday

"I dropped my phone in the water," our friend says, "and it stopped working."

We stand off to one side of the side walk, talking while the day is shining bright around us, and the cold winter wind picks up a little.

"You have to take it home right away, put it in rice, and leave it there overnight," Katie says.

I turn around and idly grab a handful of snow off a Christmas tree someone's left on the curb for collection; when I shake my hand, sifting the snow through my fingers, the wind picks it up and swirls it around us, and suddenly all three of us are standing in a glittering snow globe, a cloud of ice spinning and twinkling under the sun.
------------------------------
One year ago today: So, Like, Sushi?
Two years ago today: Compression
Three years ago today: The Play IS the Thing
Nine years ago today: 1-8-08 open heart surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment