Thursday, January 5, 2017

Entering

I finally give up on her walking down by herself and just pick the dog up and carry her down the stairs, whereupon she goes completely catatonic in my arms. Her head lolls to one side, her tongue hanging out, legs akimbo.

But as soon as I set her down it's like a spell has been broken, and she immediately begins sniffing the woman who was taking care of her while we were away for Christmas, who is waiting inside the vestibule of our apartment building.

"I got cold waiting for you to come down, and then I remembered I could just come inside, 'cause I had a key, but then," she continues sheepishly, "I thought that might be creepy if I just unlocked the door and walked into your house."
------------------
One year ago today: Desperate to Connect
Two years ago today: Voyeurism
Three years ago today: Good Night
Six years ago today: 1/5/11 A Little Not Music
Nine years ago today: 1-5-08 out and about

No comments:

Post a Comment