Saturday, September 10, 2016

We Got a Problem?

He seems pretty normal: button-down long sleeve and shorts, topsiders, short hair, and he's holding on to the subway pole like a normal person. But every time the train has to stop in the tunnel, he sways backwards, and has to take a half step back to avoid falling, invariably stepping on my foot.

When he steps on the arch of my foot a second time between DeKalb and Atlantic Avenue, I give him a wan smile that I know doesn't go all the way up to my eyes, and he avoids my gaze and turns his back.

If he steps on my foot one more time, I'm gonna have to say something.

----------------------
One year ago today: Call it the Blues
Two years ago today: They Ran Out of "I Voted" Stickers
Three years ago today: Orpheus

No comments:

Post a Comment