Saturday, September 24, 2016

Just Try

The dog hates most people, but she has a special fear in her heart for our friend Kevin, who inspires her to a frenzy of barking whenever he has the temerity to stop by.

As he prepares to leave after an evening of hectic barking, Katie, finally having had enough, says, "Could you please get her to stop doing that?"

"No," I say, laughing, knowing that she'll bark no matter what I do, and for my remark I am favored with a flash of anger from Katie's eyes, which baffles me for a moment.

Kevin caught the look, too, and, seeing my confusion, explains, "You made it sound as if you didn't want her to stop."
----------------------
One year ago today: Not Great
Two years ago today: In the Board Room
Three years ago today: Winter is a Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment