Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Careful What You Ask For

The new guy at the hospital (I only assume he's new because he's taking twice as long as the ladies that used to set me up) grabs my knee and thigh to make yet another twisting adjustment so that the beam of the elemental particles of the universe hit me in the right spot.

"Can you do me a favor?" I ask as the strange stinging numbness fades where he was gripping. "When you're making adjustments, can I get you to be a little more gentle when you move me around?"

It's not his fault that my nerves are acting all weird, and he's appropriately apologetic, but from then on he handles me like I'm made out of glass, which makes everything take longer.

--------------------
One year ago today: People-watching
Three years ago today: How Can I Hate You if You Insist on Not Being Hateful


No comments:

Post a Comment