Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man)

When I lived in Arizona, before I moved into the RV, I lived in a little spot on Euclid Avenue just down the street from the university, a two-bedroom with a small living room and a wood burning stove. I had several roommates when I lived there, most of them very good friends, and at least one or two girlfriends who lived there with me. 

The train of thought that got me to thinking about this old spot, in which I lived in varying degrees of filth, despair, and happiness, involved a stout branch I keep beside the bed these days for whacking burglars and other ne'er-do-wells. It reminded me of the piece of bamboo I bought at Pier One imports that I ostensibly kept for home defense when I lived in the Euclid house, but which I mostly used when I got drunk to beat on the walls of the place in typical angry young man fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment