Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Boring Dreams

The white, futuristic Apple earbuds look like conjoined twin sperm attached at the tail. The right one, the one with the broken speaker that only outputs at about half-volume, is shoved tight into my ear, and bolstered to equalization by the pillow upon which I lay my head.

I'm using recordings of binaural beats to induce deeper sleep, but tonight I've chosen the"Dreamy Sleep" program (I love dreams! That's where I'm a pirate!) as an experiment to see what insights more dreams might offer.

I wake up disappointed in myself every two hours from mundane dreams of work, discussions about TV shows, and other things I don't even bother to remember, and the only upside is looking at the clock, and enjoying how much time I have left before falling back asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment