Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nothing Happens Without Something Else Happening (no blame)

I am very sorry about your experience. Please contact me directly to see how we can make it right.

Scott Lee Williams @scottLwilliams
I sincerely appreciate your apology and your offer, but we found what we were looking for elsewhere. Perhaps another time.

I knew that this was what would happen (in fact, it's what I hoped would happen), but my usually non-confrontational ego still found the interaction (which I initiated) uncomfortable, mostly because I prefer to let stuff go.

But when you actually stand up for yourself, even in a very low-key manner, the wheel of karma turns, and you have to accept that people might respond, whereas if you don't do anything, then nothing happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment