Monday, March 25, 2013

My Wife is Very Charming

The round, wide, red plastic vintage glasses frames look gorgeous on her, and she spends quite a bit of time with the owners of this stall at the flea market talking about whether she'll be able to get her prescription lenses put in them. The verdict is inconclusive, but, as always, Katie manages to make them laugh and puts everyone around her at ease.

I try on various 1950's looking black plastic frames of various thicknesses as they talk eye width and face size, but none of the ones I pick look quite right, each one accenting the soft roundness of my face and the vague dreaminess of my eyes in different unflattering ways.

As we're leaving, the woman who sold us Katie's frames steps up to us shyly and says to her, "I know this might sound strange, but would you be interested in working for us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment