Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finding Ourselves in a New Room

We've moved the bedroom into what used to be the living room, and vice versa, and covered the windows in heavy curtains to block out the light and noise from the Avenue outside, turning what was once a fairly airy space into a bit of a cave. This is mostly my fault, I'm afraid, as I find light and noise intolerable when I'm trying to get to sleep (which is an unfortunate point of contention between me and Katie, since she likes to fall asleep with the TV on, a condition which I would find about as amenable to sleep as trying to catch a nap in the middle of, say, the main floor in Grand Central).

The new space is a little tough to get used to, but I'm determined to give it a fair shake.

I kiss Katie on the forehead to wake her up as I'm getting ready to go in the morning, and her eyes flutter open, but I can see by the blank, almost panicked way that she searches my face and the air above our bed that, for a moment, she has no idea where she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment