Monday, July 20, 2009

7/17/09 - Word (actually, Excel)

"The thing is," I said, toggling back and forth in the "page preview" screen of the spreadsheet I was working on, "is that the page preview doesn't really show you an accurate representation of the document. It always loses lines on cells at different levels of magnification, and I mean, yes, you can still print it, and it'll look fine, but this is just one of those instances where, and it's been like this since the beginning with Microsoft, they just keep heaping code on top of code so the problems that are inherent in the thing never get addressed, and this is, seriously, this is a basic interface where the user should be able to see what the document looks like!"

Jonathan looked over the cubicle wall separating us at the screen where I continued to toggle between magnification levels, watching the lines reappear and disappear on the worksheet. Finally, he looked at me and said, "Is this how I sound when I starting ranting about Macs?"

No comments:

Post a Comment