Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6/8/09 Braid

"You have to try this awesome new game," I say to Jonathan, my cubemate (he refers to me in all correspondence with his friends as "my straight friend", which is both hilarious and somewhat touching (no, not that kind of touching. Pervert)).

He takes my frequently shifting enthusiasms with about the exact amount of salt they deserve (i.e. plus/minus one grain), but he does tend to listen when I talk about gaming, because I've turned him onto some decent stuff (Lego Star Wars), so he rolls his eyes a little, but turns to listen politely.

"No," I say, "it's really awesome, because it's like a side-scroller, like Mario Brothers or whatever with time-warping, but instead of just trying to rescue the princess, you're collecting clues to figure out why she left you, and it's really sad!"

"Oh," he says dryly, "so it's like most heterosexual relationships."

No comments:

Post a Comment